
(Picture taken from Facebook)
We were seated in a separate section in the restaurant so we had a more private dinner which was quite enjoyable. The food was great and the company was even better. I love being with Dan's side of the family, it's not very often that they are all together, but when they are, it's a fun time to be had.
After dinner, Dan made an appointment with himself to shave off his beard that he grew in for a couple weeks. It was really quite thick and grew in pretty good! He's definitely a Glenn. I really enjoyed him having a beard, but I think I was one of very few people who felt this way about it. Here is the process of the big event.
Anyways, back to the birthday celebration that lasted for most of the weekend. On Saturday (the 14th), we were initially planning on all going to the Temple in Cardston, but instead, we had a dinner at Dan's parents' house. This time the kids joined us and they really enjoyed seeing and playing games with their Uncle Dan. He seems to be a favorite among the kids on both sides of our families. I just wish we could have stayed longer that night. When the extended family started to arrive, we had to leave because Dan was scheduled to DJ a 30+ singles dance that night, which turned out to be a dead night for them. I didn't mind that Dan had to DJ on Valentines' Day because lucky for him, I'm not a big fan of the holiday. I think that showing love should happen sporadically throughout the year, and not have a scheduled date each year to spend more money than usual to buy gifts or candy.
Sunday we went to church and taught our CTR 5 class, came home and napped for about 4 hours (I so needed that!), then we headed over to Dan's parents' house once again and made candy popcorn and played "Ticket to Ride" with Jackie and David. That was such a fun time!
Family Day Monday came and Dan really wanted to go to Banff for the day. However, we slept in quite late and I didn't really feel like going for half a day and have it be super busy because of the holiday, so we went out shopping instead. Dan bought a new shirt and I got two pairs of jeans that are actually quite comfortable! If you really know me, then you know how much I hate wearing jeans, because on the girl's styles, they make them all so tight in the hips and thighs, I can barely sit down without having all of the blood being cut-off to the lower half of my body. But I finally found some that are more loose and breathable, and surprisingly enough, I didn't even have to hem them up! Once I saw that the jeans were the perfect length and width, I knew that these jeans were made especially for me.
On Monday night, we had a shift at our building where we live, but Dan so graciously offered to do it himself while I stayed home to have a bit of a nap. I really appreciated it. I usually have to do them alone because Dan has class in the evening hours. Thanks Dan :) That's about all for our long weekend. I'm sad that it's over, but now we have Easter to look forward to!
A special congrats goes out to Jackie and David on their engagement! They are planning to be married in the Cardston Temple on June 5, 2009. We are very excited and very happy for them both.
(Picture taken from another blog)
Also congratulations to Sue for turning 60 at the end of the month! In this picture, left to right: Pam, Jackie, and Sue.
(Picture taken from another blog)
No comments:
Post a Comment