Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Check-Up for Chester

Yesterday was Chester's first Vet visit since we've had him. We got him when he was 6 months old in September 2007 from the Humane Society. He just turned 2 last month, so we thought we should bring him in. We bought him a kitty-carrier earlier and he loved it! Right after I was finished setting it up he went in and laid down. Little did he know, that he was never going to like going in there again. So his appointment comes up, and I put a blanket that Chester sleeps on inside of the carrier and he gets in right away and I lock him in. He started getting worried as I carried him out the door. Poor thing. He never got really nervous though, he just made small meows because he was probably pretty confused on what was going on. The Vet wasn't that far away, and that was nice. We go inside and get put into a room right away. Chester is very cautious as he steps out or his carrier. First thing's first, they weigh him. 13 lbs!! I wasn't expecting that! Then we had to wait for the Doctor to come, which it was actually pretty nice for them to not come right away because it gave Chester some time to explore and feel more comfortable in the new environment.









The Doctor finally came is and Chester warmed up to her right away! Especially after his massage! He was soooo relaxed! And then she checked his kidneys and bladder and we hear this little meow. Uh-oh. The Doctor thought that there might be something wrong with them. Every time she checked them, he would make the same sound and it looked like it was a bit painful for him. She suggested we get it checked out further, and she warned us that after his booster shot, it might make it even worse. I told her that we would keep a close eye on it, and if it does get worse, we'll make another appointment for him.

I think Chester really enjoyed himself there. He even got a little treat as she was giving him his shot. I had a more difficult time getting him back in his carrier to go back home. I had to push him in by his little bum until he finally went in. I don't think he was too happy with me after that because on the way home he turned his back to me. He turned back a little bit towards me again before I could get my phone out to get pictures of him shunning me.







But I know that he was relieved to find himself back at home. And since then, we have been noticing little symptoms of his kidneys/bladder may be getting worse, just like what the Doctor said might happen. Poor little guy. I really hope he goes back to normal on his own, but I'll keep everyone posted as to what happens next.

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

That is so funny Chester enjoyed the vet! Yugduh goes beserk if she has to go in her kitty-carrier, thus she will never go to the vet...unless she's dying or really sick. I hope Chester's kidney and bladder improve!!