I started working at Sterling Homes a few days ago and so far, it's been great! It's the complete opposite of my last job where I was just sitting, bored at my desk all day long. This job really keeps me on my toes. And that helps the day go by so much faster, and I feel like I've actually accomplished something. The people there are great too. There are two girls that I work very closely with and they are both so fun to be with! I think I really lucked out with that. Everyone in the company is pretty great though. There is so much to learn and I'm starting to 'get it' more and more everyday. So that's a good sign! I can't wait for the day when I know it all by heart. The hardest thing to adjust is our bed time. We went to bed pretty late on Monday night and then on Tuesday after work, I came home, ate dinner, went for a nap, then 5 hours later I woke up just in time to go to bed again. Needless to say, Tuesday and Wednesday kind of meshed together. We've been trying to go to be at a decent hour, but it's hard because we are both night owls. I'm hoping it won't take too much longer to get onto a better schedule.
Still no job for Dan yet. I really didn't think it would be this hard for him to find work, but I guess he really graduated at the wrong time. NO ONE is hiring right now. Especially not new graduates. Dan has had a couple interviews, but he's been beat out by 'experience' every time. It's so frustrating! I just don't want it to come to him working at a laboring job, where his hours are crazy and he comes home exhausted. But the more we get into summer, the more it's looking like that's what's going to happen for now. It's not set in stone yet, so there is still hope.
It is also Spencer Glenn's birthday today! So a "Happy Birthday" goes out to him!
1 comment:
I'm glad to know your job is going well Kelly and that you're enjoying it. And if Dan doesn't end up finding a job, he can just become a house-husband and make sure that dinner is on the table for when you come home; this way you can just put up your feet all evening and complain of how you had such a hard day. :-D
Post a Comment