I know I haven't posted in awhile. I guess we've been a little preoccupied. Plus, there's not much to talk/blog about when you only have one thing on your mind that you want to announce to the world, but just can't. Yes, it's true, Dan and I are having a baby! I know a lot of you have been waiting for this announcement for a long time now, but I am very excited for this big change in our lives.
We found out the big news on January 31, 2010. Dan was about to leave for his early morning Sunday meetings and I had to get up and pee so I thought I would take a test (I wasn't expecting anything from it). From being disappointed by negative tests in the past, I just couldn't look at this one. I asked Dan to go in and read it, and he went in a rush because he was running late, saw it, but didn't know what anything meant. So before he left I went in to look and it was positive! I had to double check a few times, and I was jumping up and down following Dan down the hall then he eventually left. I couldn't believe it! And neither could Dan because when he came home to pick me up for church, he came through the door and said, "Do you really think you're pregnant?" I had to take two more tests for Dan to believe me, and even then I think he was still in shock. So that week I went to the doctors and they sent me in for blood tests...I don't like needles. Then the clinic called me back and said they had to re-do the tests because they used my maiden name instead and it didn't match my Alberta Health Care Card. Which didn't make sense to me and I was pretty upset about it, especially when my family doctor said that I really didn't have to re-do anything. Grrrr! But I survived.
The next weekend was my birthday weekend and we decided we should tell our families because I couldn't keep it a secret for that long. I had to tell someone. So that Saturday was my niece's 4th Birthday party. We thought it would be fun to announce it in the card so that when the card was read out loud, everyone would hear. My nephew was the one reading the cards and when it came to mine, no one was listening except Keegan who was reading it, and his dad. Keep in mind, I was filming this, so I told Keegan to read it again and everyone heard "Happy Birthday Clare! Love, Aunty Kelly, Uncle Dan, and your future cousin!!" Everyone was so excited, but not as excited as my sister Tammy was! She was screaming and jumping and she charged right for me to give me a hug and spin me around. She started crying, then I started crying. It was so much fun.
The next day was my birthday, and it was also Dan's nephew's 1st birthday party. So we went over to Spencer and Laurie's house to celebrate with Dan's parents. We figured we could do the same thing with the birthday card, so this time Dan's mom read the card out loud and everyone was so excited! I think Laurie has been waiting for this announcement ever since we got married haha! And at this time, the doctor had told me that I was due August 16. That meant that we couldn't go to the Glenn Family vacation this year. We were pretty sad about it, but I just knew I wasn't already 3 months along. I told the doctor that I had been very irregular for more than a year, but they had to go by my dates at that time. So they booked me for an ultra sound and I found out that I was really due October 4! The doctor was so far off! I was happy that we could go on the vacation, but kind of sad that I was put back a couple months. Also at this time, I wasn't feeling sick at all, but about a week after we made the announcement to our families, I started getting really sick. I thought that part was over already. Now I'm on medication for it and it's been helping quite a bit. We still don't know if we're having a boy or a girl, but we plan on finding out sometime in May.
On Facebook I announced that I was pregnant on April 1, to see who would believe me, but it turned out that most people did believe me! Too bad it wasn't a trick because you all would have been fooled! Oh well, I'm happy it wasn't because now we get to see our family grow and we'll get to experience new things.
I wanted to post my ultrasound pictures, but I can't find the disk at the moment. I will post later maybe with some belly shots that I still haven't taken!
Thanks for all the congrats everyone!
3 comments:
congratulations!! I hope your sickness goes away!
I am so so so excited for you Kelly!!! I hope you start feeling better soon! also I love your baby ticker!! haha
Congratulations, Kelly (and Dan, of course)! Matt and Dan can start teaching both babies how to DJ at an early age.
Post a Comment