Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Glenn's Lately

I'm coming to the realization that we are going to be broke by the time this baby comes. We knew that extra money would be spent each month, but there's so much stuff you don't think about. It doesn't really make things better when even the maternity clothes are expensive! I'm used to buying $10 t-shirts and $25 pants. Not in the maternity world though! Expectant mothers already have enough to worry about, don't make buying clothing one of those things! Thanks a lot who's ever idea that was.

With all worries aside though, I am super excited to meet our little boy. Last night was the first time that Dan felt him kick, and it was so cool! The baby is just starting to move around a lot more, and I'm still trying to get used to it. At the last ultrasound his little feet were almost 3.5cm! Picturing his little feet up against my belly just brings a smile to my face. I feel pretty lucky because I get another ultrasound next month! They are just checking up on a possible septum in my uterus (a dividing wall or a heart shaped uterus), but I don't mind if it means I get to see our little boy again! I really hope it's nothing serious. I was told that I shouldn't stress about it because they couldn't really see anything in my last ultrasound. If it was some concern, I would be at a higher risk for a premature birth, but by the size that I am now, I think this baby is going to be a pretty healthy weight. Compared to other pregnant ladies, I look like I should be due in a couple of months, but no, I'm only half way there! The first part of my pregnancy went by super fast, and I only hope the next half does the same thing, however, I've heard that it's the slowest.

Another update is that Dan is no longer working at Best Buy. Long story short, his position (nation-wide) was being dissolved so they offered him a lower position with way lower pay, even though he was promised a promotion at his 3 month mark. So we decided it would be best to take the severance pay and look for something better. This happened a couple weeks ago, and we haven't had any luck since. So if anyone knows of any Marketing type jobs out there, please let us know! Dan deserves a job that he enjoys doing, and that's actually in his field, but for some reason that just hasn't happened yet. He's such a hard worker and everyone loves working with him. I know that once he gets hired, they'll never want to let him go! This all happened at the worst time. A time where we are expecting our first child and looking for a house to buy! Of course things like this happen to us right when we start to feel comfortable. Help! Seems like we can't quite make it ahead.

I almost forgot! Our little Izzie got fixed on May 1st! We were looking forward to that day for a loooong time, and now that it's over and done with, and she's fully recovered, life in the Glenn home is a lot better. No more annoying noises and meowing all day and all night from our one kitty. I almost kicked her out of the house it was getting so bad! I'm just so thrilled that the surgery was a success and she's back to her normal kitty self. We love you once again Izzie. And Chester was such a good big brother throughout the whole thing. He layed beside her and was so gentle with her when she came home from the vet. I was nervous that he would want to rough-house with her like they always do, but for that time, he was so great. I wish my cameras were working so that I could get a picture of them both, but they're not... another thing to add to our expensive list!

So that is what's happening with us lately. Not a whole lot of new and exciting things, probably because we are so focused on our baby! I will do my best to update more often.

No comments: