We drove to Edmonton Saturday morning and went right to my Aunty Anne and Uncle Doug's house. It's been years since I've been there! They were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and it was also my Dad's 61st birthday the day before. So there was lots of food and cake to be eaten. We all had a really fun time there catching up with the Olsen side of the family. Let's not wait as long for the next one!
Aunty Anne and Uncle Doug Dawson celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary!
My Dad and his siblings (left-right Tom, Anne, Karl, Elsa, Jim)
All of the cousins at the reunion
We were missing Tammy and her family, Arlen, and Amanda.

Uncle Tom, Me, and Uncle Karl. It's tradition to have your picture taken with these two when you are pregnant. For obvious reasons.
Uncle Tom, Me, and Uncle Karl. It's tradition to have your picture taken with these two when you are pregnant. For obvious reasons.
After the reunion, Dan and I went to the West Edmonton Mall. What's a trip to Edmonton without going there right? We didn't buy anything except for a crib mattress, but we had a good time walking around until my feet and legs were almost falling off. We then went to the Alberta Legislature Building and walked around the grounds. I had never been there before and it was really quite nice!
Dan was a trooper and drove the whole way to Edmonton and back. I have to admit that I'm pretty sick of traveling by car. I'm lucky to have Dan to drive me places :)




No comments:
Post a Comment