Thursday, June 2, 2011

8 Months Old

I can't believe how fast time flies! Casper turned 8 months old yesterday. 8?! He's growing up way too fast! I know that he looks a lot older than what he really is, but he's learning so much so fast!
  • He is now starting to crawl on all fours rather than army crawl.
  • He can stand up in his crib (and he does this ALL the time). He's also learning how to sit back down in his crib. He also can pull himself up to stand with pretty much anything, he's almost pulled down my pants a couple times!
  • He's learning how to feed himself with his fingers.
  • He has 7 teeth - 3 bottom, 4 top. And I'm pretty sure we're about to see a couple of bottom molars soon!
Casper loves to have us read books to him. He loves to play with his toys and talk to them. He loves being tickled, and loves to laugh at/with daddy. I just love his little personality! I melt every time I see his big, toothy, dimpled smile.

We have taken Casper swimming a few times now and every time he loves it! We are hoping to take him to the zoo soon too. All the other times we have planned on taking him, we either have conflicting schedules or the weather is crappy. I'm so excited for this summer and to let him experience lots of different things. We are just so much happier when the weather is decent outside. I'm just really glad that winter is finally over, now we just need the rain to stop!

This video was taken a few weeks ago, but I just think it's so cute. At about 37 seconds in, you can see Casper snap his fingers on his right hand! He learned that trick at 6 months old!



This one I took just today. Casper does this new "trick" on his change table. I hate it, but he gets so proud of himself, so I have to let him enjoy it with supervision.

No comments: