Today is my last day of work for the year! Well, I guess I'll be 'on-call' next week just in case some people need to send out a package... wait, send out a package?? Yup, I think I just figured out why I was hired here. This package would be sent out via FedEx, and I would have to be on-call to come into work, fill out a waybill, print out a commercial invoice and place the package up at reception to be picked up. Oh the stress. It amazes me that Programers and Geophysicists can't figure it all out on their own with such a simple thing. Sure this might sound like a dream job for most people, I even thought so when I first started here in September! But after you go through day after day of having no work to do and running out of things to come up with online, it starts to get to your head. A LOT! I know what you're all thinking - "Why don't you ask someone if there's anything to do?" Here's the thing. My job is to do all the crappy jobs that no one else likes to do; the things that just get in the way of the more important things. So why would I ask for more crappy things to do? Even if I did, I already know that there wouldn't be anything. I work in a company of about 8 people, so I know if and when there's work to be done. And the work that I'm given usually takes me about 5 minutes to complete. I know it sounds awesome to be getting paid to do nothing and to really just "look after" the company. But after awhile I'm thinking that I'm not very useful. I feel like I'm not using the experience that I've already gained to my fullest. As if my brain is shrinking because it's mindless jobs that I do. I feel like if I die, the company wouldn't lose a thing. They would actually just gain my paycheck.
So today I thought I might make myself feel useful by blogging my thoughts and concerns. I am happy that it's Christmas time and that I get "off" work to spend with Dan who is finished school until January. But I know that the time that we will have will go by faster than ever. Doesn't that always happen?
I think that's enough complaining for now as it is so close to Christmas, it seems sad that I would be writing this blog at this time of year. I love this time of year! For our Primary class last Sunday, we invited the junior primary into our class and they all decorated gingerbread men! (That was after the Christmas story of course) I know, we are the coolest teachers ever! I just wish these times could last longer then what they normally do.
I feel like I haven't posted a picture in a long time, so I thought that I would leave you with this one.
Chester loves this quilt for some reason. He's just so cute wrapped up all snugly!
Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!
1 comment:
Oh Chester...SO SO Cute!!
Hang in there with your job, something better will come along in 2009, I'm sure of it!
Merry Christmas :)
Post a Comment