
I took Izzie for her very first Vet appointment yesterday. Before we left, I set out the pet carrier so that she could get used to going inside and feeling comfortable in it. Before I knew it, Izzie was sleeping inside of it! She slept for pretty much the full hour before we left. I felt bad though because when it was time to go, I had to wake her up to put her bed inside of it, so when we were on the move, she was a bit groggy and confused as to what was going on. We arrived and she was very popular! The receptionist called up other veterinarians so that they could come and have a look at her. First thing they did before we got into a room was weigh her. 1.17 kgs! That's just over 2.5 pounds! I wonder how much she weighed when we first got her? She's grown so much since then. I really thought she would have weighed more than that. She is such a mooch when it comes to food. She will beg and beg until you give her some of what you're having! We really made it a point to not give her too many treats, so maybe that made us think that we were already giving her too much and expected her to weigh more. We got into a room, which was actually the same room I had when I took
Chester in, and he checked her out. She was such a good girl the whole time. She didn't even flinch or meow when he gave her a booster shot! The appointment took no more than 5 minutes inside that room and it ended up costing us close to $100! I wish I could make $100 for every 5 minutes of work. Turns out that she will need another shot in a few weeks too! For Izzie being a free cat, she sure is expensive! But we love her anyways. When we got home, Chester was pretty excited to see her again. I put her down and opened her carrier and Chester greeted her right away. So cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment