Wow, Christmas and New Years just came and went by so fast! Dan and I were debating on whether or not we should go away for New Years this year, but in the end we chose to stay. Dan DJ'ed an "All White" YSA party at the China Rose Restaurant (the same place the Halloween party was held). It was a really good turn out too! Mostly everyone was dressed in white so there was a big glow over the crowd with the two huge black lights that Dan brought. I think that Dan did a pretty good job this year with the music. Everyone seemed to have enjoyed their time there. Here are a couple pictures of the "glowing" effect.
Before the party, Dan and I were at Dan's parents' place (who were in San Francisco) as Dan had to load up some DJ equipment for the party, using a U-Haul trailer attached the the Escape. We were there for awhile and ordered pizza for dinner. As we were leaving in separate vehicles, we noticed two police cars coming the opposite way that we were going. We didn't really think anything of it until I noticed a cop car behind me, then shortly after I noticed another one pull up beside me and stay there until he rolled his window down and looked at me. I looked back and then they drove up to Dan and did the same thing. I thought maybe they were just looking for someone in the area, until they turned their lights on Dan when he tried to move into their lane, and then the cop behind me turned their lights on. So we both pulled over, totally confused. A lady cop came to my window as two guys went to Dan's. She tells me right away why they pulled me over. Just keep in mind too, that night the roads were really bad, and we were both going 60 kms in an 80 kms zone, so I knew it wasn't because we were speeding. She told me that there was a call made explaining that their neighbors are away and there were a couple cars outfront with a U-Haul trailer and someone was loading things in from the house. Oh boy. I told the cop that the house was my husband's parents' house and that we store his DJ equipment there. She completely understood, but took my license anyways just in case. She talked with the other cops who were talking to Dan and our stories matched, so they just typed in our names to scan us and it all turned out good. It was a good way to end off the year 2009. We'll definitely remember that one! Oh, and Dan and I figured that it must have been the girl who was watching his parents' cat. She must have drove by the house to feed her and noticed us there. Thanks for calling the cops though, if something really was going down, it's nice to know that their house is under careful watch when they are away.
That night, Dan and I got to bed really late. I didn't get to bed until about 3:30am, and Dan didn't get to bed until about 4:30am. Plus, Dan had to work that next morning. Needless to say, we slept for most of the next day. I can't believe we used to be able to stay up that late and have almost no effect the next day. Those days are long gone though. I need my sleep, or I am a huge grump the next day, and totally not functional.
We have started off 2010, and no complaints! We have been relaxing and spending time together. Last Saturday, we traveled to Edmonton early in the morning, and went swimming at the West Edmonton Mall Waterpark. I thought it would be really busy there, but it wasn't too bad. We left the pool at about 3:00pm, walked around the mall, ate dinner at Boston Pizza, then walked around the mall for a little longer then headed home. It was a nice day trip, and it was good just to get away for a little bit.
Happy New Year for 2010!!
No comments:
Post a Comment