I just can't believe Casper is 2 months old already! But then it feels like we've always had him. He has grown so much in the past 2 months it's hard to keep up. His clothes seem to be shrinking and we can see his cheeks getting bigger. He had his 2 month shots yesterday and he weighed in at 13lbs 9oz and 24 inches long. He screamed when he got his shots in his thighs. I felt like crying too, but I barely held it together. Hopefully next time won't be so bad...
I am happy to say that Casper is sleeping really well! I'll feed him at about 11:30pm and he won't wake up until about 6:30am give or take. Then we go back to bed for a little while after that. A couple weeks ago he surprised us with sleeping for 8 hours straight, then after his feeding he slept again for another 2 hours! That was a special treat for us.
Last night was his first night sleeping in his crib and he did so good! We had him sleeping in there for naps during the day, but never at night. I wanted to wait until we got a baby monitor to put him in his crib because I didn't think I would be able to hear him with our fan/humidifier on all night. And it's a good thing I did because I really couldn't hear him. I only heard him through the monitor. Thanks to Dan's mom Sue for giving us a monitor. It's going to be well used! I was more sad to see him go sleep in his own room than Dan. He was so excited for him to be in his own room. He's just growing up so fast already! But I guess it was about time he went into his crib because he only had a couple inches clearance on each end in his bassinet because he's so tall!
One of our favorite things to do is to make Casper smile. My heart just melts when I see him smile. Sometimes it doesn't even take much and he puts on the biggest grin! We tried to snap a few pictures of his adorable smile and this is the best we could get so far:
Casper loves his dad so much too! We find him smiling at Dan when he's not even looking. It's the cutest thing ever!
During the past month, I have had 3 baby showers. My first one was the Olsen/Panorama Ward shower that was held at my sister Kristie's house on Friday November 12th. Her and my sister Jodie planned it. We just moved into their ward, so it was a good way to get to know everyone. We had a really good time there and it lasted way into the night with a lot of fun and laughs! We got a lot of useful gifts out of it too! The second one was held in Olds at Kim Christensen's house. Her and Anita Kincade organized it. It was initially planned for Wednesday November 17th, but as most of you know, the first bad snowfall of the season happened on the 16th. And it got even worse the next day, so we rescheduled for the next Wednesday on the 24th. Weather was a bit better that day, but I think with the rescheduling and bad weather caused many people not being able to show up. We had two people come, Mary-Ellen Toker and her daughter Cristina. It was such a good time anyways and it was really good to see Cristina because I hadn't seen her in years! My last shower was last night on Wednesday December 1st. It was the Glenn baby shower and it was held at my mother-in-law's house and planned by her and Pam Glenn. There was a lot of family that made an appearance and it was so much fun to see everyone again. Even though the Glenn Christmas Party is in a few weeks, it was nice to catch up with the girls. Again, we got a lot of useful gifts and really appreciate everyone coming out to meet Casper. Everyone did such a great job planning all of my Baby Showers. Thank you to everyone who put in the effort to make each one a really fun time! Now we have Christmas to look forward to!
No comments:
Post a Comment