Thursday, December 8, 2011

December and Such

I know it has been awhile. I have been recovering well from my surgery and I am happy to say that I can finally carry Casper again! I missed being able to hold him in my arms! My follow up appointment is next week, and I'm guessing it will go well.

On November 26th was Dan's company's Christmas party and this year they had it out in Canmore! It was so fun to go to a party with Dan! It's the first time that has happened ever since we've known each other. I got my haircut that day and the hairdresser curled my hair too! The whole company wanted to meet Casper really bad, so we decided to bring him with us. I also felt bad leaving him again after the whole incident at the beginning of November, I couldn't bare to leave him at home overnight again. So we dressed him up all cute and showed him off to everyone. People just started melting around him. It was funny to see. My parents were kind enough to come out to Canmore and watch Casper in our hotel room as we ate dinner. Then after they slept over in Calgary to head to Okotoks the next morning. Thanks mom and dad! Of course Casper went to bed super late because he wasn't sleeping in his crib, so the next day he was pretty crabby. Let's just say that next year Casper will be left at home to sleep in his own bed :) All in all though, it was a pretty fun night! I never met anyone from Eagle before except for two girls back in the summer, so it was nice to finally put a name to a face!


It's hard to believe that December is already here! I put up our Christmas tree on December 1st, and I think that's the first time that has ever happened. It's usually always so late in December that I debate whether or not it's worth actually putting one up. However, I didn't get the decorating done because I wanted to get new lights for the tree this year. So a couple days later I found some that I liked and I decorated the tree! It's nice to have it up long enough to appreciate it. Except this is the first Christmas that Casper is actually mobile. Sometimes I ask myself why I had to set up the tree so early this year, but I'm hoping that Casper will learn with time that we don't touch the tree or hit the balls off the branches. *sigh* I will make it through.


December 3rd was our ward's Christmas Party. Instead of having the traditional Christmas dinner party, they had a Christmas brunch instead. I'll admit that I wasn't too excited about it at first, but it turned out to be great! The food was so good and it was at a time of day where you still could get other things done. Plus, Dan had a show that night so he was actually able to come! Santa came too, and Casper wasn't really sure what to think about sitting on his knee, until he got a treat bag of course. He carried that thing around for rest of the time there. Thanks Santa!



Casper has been growing up so fast! I don't have exact measurements, but people at Dan's Christmas party thought he was over two, and he wasn't even 14 months old yet at that time. Casper is such a tall boy! I don't really notice it a whole lot until he is with other kids. How did this happen? Where did my baby go? He is starting to wear 18 month clothing and he barely fits on his change table. He may be a giant, but I love him to death and wouldn't change a thing about him! He loves to eat, and loves to sleep. How am I so lucky? He even would just sit in his crib and play quietly until I came to get him, even in the mornings! However, I think he's slowly getting out of that phase unfortunately, but I am still grateful for all of those mornings I was able to sleep in because he was so content. Once he is out of his crib, you can't get him to stay still! He is always on the go and there's never a dull moment. Unless of course if he's eating. I'm sure if I let him, he would eat all day long. He eats anything that I give him and I am still wondering what food he will spit out because he doesn't like it, because that just hasn't happened yet. I hear of mothers having a hard time with their kids not eating or sleeping, but I still don't know what that feels like. I'm sure I will one day, but I'm just loving it right now! Casper also loves to read. Ever since my surgery Casper has learned to bring books to me and I will read them to him (obviously because I couldn't move), but that still continues! He will bring me books and he will sit and listen and look at the pictures. He will point to the things that I normally point to while I read, and he is always willing to turn the page for me. It's just so cute!

That would be muffin sticking out of his nose.. I freaking love this kid!

No comments: