Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Try Again


Well, I thought I might try this blogging thing again. I've been wanting to start one for awhile now, but in the past I have never been very good at keeping it updated. So now I'll start fresh once again, and see how things turn out this time around. This blog will be about myself and Dan and all the activities we are involved in...which aren't too many, but we do our best. Here is a brief update of our lives and how we got to where we are now:

We got married in Aug. '07 after dating for about a year before that. I am currently working in downtown Calgary for a small oil company called Thrust Belt Imaging. I do accounting and office administration there. It's the first time I've ever worked downtown, and so far so good! Dan is currently finishing up his second last semester of school in Marketing. He is attending U of L through a satellite campus at SAIT, and enjoys the small classroom environment very much. However,  SAIT has only offered U of L evening and Saturday class time, so Dan's classes start when I get home from work, and end just before we head to bed, except for Saturdays when I sleep in, Dan is halfway through his morning class, and then he's got another class right after to take up most of the afternoon. With that being said, we don't get all the time in the world to spend quality time together. Both of us are very excited for him to be finished school in April '09 so that we can finally be on the same time schedule. We live just outside of downtown so I am able to walk to work when Dan can't drive me, which usually takes about 30 minutes. It's nice for now, but when winter hits strong, I might have to start taking the bus for the first time ever! Dan also has a part-time job at Banana Republic, yes, he's mostly only there for the discounts. At least he'll look sharp when he starts his career! He's also been doing a few DJ shows here and there, which he has been enjoying, except for the fact that it usually takes time away from our limited time together. All in all, we've been getting by with the end in sight.
 
At home, we live in Calgary Housing as Floor Representatives. Every third night from 6:30-9:00pm we open a Community Room for the tenants to take advantage of the use of computers and internet and just having company to visit with. We have been living here since May '08 and reaping the benefits of getting free rent! We also live with a couple pets. Chester is our cat, though we sometimes wonder if his father was really a dog, and a bunny named Gunther. We love our pets very much, even when Chester is getting into everything and trying to push our buttons and Gunther just won't stop "digging" in his cage, it just wouldn't be the same without them there with us. Dan and I also have a church calling together. We were called to be the Sunbeams teacher when we first moved into the ward in Oct. '07. However, shortly after the new year, the class was split and we took over the CTR 5 class, then Dan was called to teach another primary class, the Valiant boys. It was hard to see Dan go and leave me behind, but it wasn't too bad because he just left me with a class of two children (Our primary isn't very big). After a few months of teaching on my own, Dan is back teaching with me and we have a third child in our class. We love our calling and love seeing our class every week to teach them new things.

Dan and I have had many happy and challenging moments throughout our marriage, and we look forward to spending more moments together as we grow even closer to each other. We share so much love and respect for the other, nothing could ever tear us apart. We are excited to share our special moments with everyone who reads our new blog.

1 comment:

Kelline said...

Welcome to the blogging world....I am one of your cuzins......five times removed :)

my whole family blogs.....

mine is boelfamilycraze.blogspot.com