Friday, April 24, 2009

Big News!

First of all, I'm NOT pregnant. This big news is something we've been waiting for throughout our whole marriage! That's right, Dan is officially finished school!! No more evening and Saturday classes, no more studying, no more homework to get in the way of us spending time together. We have never had all that much time to spend together as a married couple and now we get to experience all the time we want! We can plan activities and not have to worry about him being distracted from his schooling. We can spend time together and go to bed at a decent hour. We will have actual weekends! I don't think people really understand how much our schedules were opposite and how little time we had together. But now, it's not an issue! Dan has been in school for the past 5 years! It took him a bit longer because he transfered back to Calgary when he moved to Lethbridge so that we could eventually get married, and all of those 'transferring' details made it so he always had a couple classes to complete. We got married in August '07, and Dan started up class September '07 again. And since then, it's been non-stop. He even did summer courses. His last final exam ever was last night, Thursday, April 23 '09. And now I have my Marketing husband all to myself. At least until he gets a job! I don't even know how to express all of my excitement because there's just too much! The only thing that's left is his Grad Ceremony in Lethbridge on May 29th, but I don't mind that because that I can go to with him! I'm so proud of his great accomplishment, and I can't wait to start this next phase with him.

3 comments:

Irish'n'Karley Lilburn said...

Awww! I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait for the day till Irish is done school as well!!! I'm sure I will have much of the same feelings as you!!

Rose said...

And then I'll get to see the BOTH of you downstairs in the Resource Room which will be very nice.

BTW, congrats Dan!

Emily S said...

Woohoo, how I wish mark was done school!
(and don't worry, I also know the frustrations of everyone assuming you're pregnant once you say anything involving news or announcements. lol)