Awhile ago Dan had won some Lady Gaga tickets. I was so excited when I found out! I haven't been to very many concerts in my lifetime, Dan has opened my eyes to it. We had four tickets so we could bring another couple to come with us. We decided to take Meaghan and Dallin (I grew up with Meaghan in Olds Ward). This was a big step for Dan and I, as we never really get the chance to do things with other married couples because of our opposite schedules. So finally last night was the night! Meaghan and Dallin came over, we chatted a bit and went to The Chocolate Bar for desserts. We then headed right to the concert. Lady Gaga was opening for New Kids on the Block that night, so we were going to see her after show. We knew that she had started opening for New Kids at about 7:30pm so we figured that she might start playing at about 9:00 or 10:00pm for the after show. Boy were we wrong! We arrived at the concert at about 9:45pm and asked the ticket lady if she was there yet. She told us that she would probably arrive in about 45 minutes. That's ok I guess, we'll just wait around. It was kind of difficult to strike up conversation in there as the music was so loud it almost made us all sick. We still had a pretty good time watching all of the single, scandalous drunks and making fun of them. What a different lifestyle we live. So 10:30 rolls around and still no sign of the concert starting. What would Lady Gaga have to do in between shows? She's already all dolled up and practiced from her opening. We figured she was probably napping. Heck, that's what I would be doing! We were all getting anxious and losing interest in the excitement of seeing her. Dan was trying to ask around to the staff about when she was going to start playing, and no one could give him a straight answer. Meaghan told us that on Lady Gaga's website it said that she would start playing at 12:00 midnight for the after show. We were just hoping that wasn't true. Finally Dan asked a bar tender at about 10:55pm and was told that she would probably start at about 11:30pm. Ok fine, we'll wait 5 minutes. We were all getting pretty tired. I don't know how people stay up that late on a weeknight and get wasted. What do they do for work the next day?? Slackers. We waited until 11:05 when we finally decided to leave. Was it really worth the wait and lack of sleep we would be getting? Mind you, we were all standing on our feet the whole time. While heading out the door, we asked if it was possible to re-enter with our ticket stubs so that maybe we could just come back later, but I guess they weren't allowing it that night. We saw Lady Gaga's tour bus parked outside (at least that's what I think it was). I guess that was as close we were going to get. I blame this night of disappointment on the ticket lady. If she would have told us the right time in the first place, we could have gone somewhere else first and then came to the concert. Apologies go out to Meaghan and Dallin for not getting the right information before planning this night, and to Dan because I know that he really wanted to stay to see Lady Gaga live. Next time, we'll know better. However, we did have a great time with Meaghan and Dallin, even though the end of the night didn't work out as planned. Needless to say, I'm exhausted today and I've had Lady Gaga's song stuck in my head all day long, and I didn't even get to hear it last night.

2 comments:
First of all who is Lady Gaga?? I am old or just not rehearsed in todays lingo?? Can someone explain this to me??
She's pretty new...to me at least. She's got I think only one song on the radio and she sings it with Akon. It's called "Dance".
Post a Comment